Lockheed Martin Merger & Acquisition Lead Analyst / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: The Strategic Development / Strategic Transactions lead will be responsible for Merger and Acquisition, Divestiture and strategic transaction assessments for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC). Responsibilities include but are not limited to: development of strategic rationale and business cases for Mergers & Acquisitions (including Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances) and technology assessments and investment thesis for strategic investments.
This role requires an executive presence, a large degree of self-direction and the ability to drive items to closure with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from peers to executive leadership.
The role may also support the identification, qualification and evaluation of early stage minority equity investments and venture capital transactions in concert with Lockheed Martin Ventures.
• Responsively support Enterprise and MFC strategic initiatives
• Lead the identification and evaluation of merger, acquisition, divestiture, joint venture and strategic technology investment opportunities
• Facilities executive level meetings on new business ventures. Required to interact with senior leadership
• Partner closely with the executive team across all channels of the Missiles & Fire Control enterprise to develop and evaluate targeted opportunities and secure revenue and cost synergy commitments
• Provide actionable strategic analysis to management on potential targets of interest, develop strategic frameworks to analyze and qualify value-creating growth opportunities
• Work closely with Corporate Development, Strategy, Business Development, Program Management, Engineering & Technology, Finance, Global Supply Chain, Operations and Legal to evaluate opportunities, prepare review materials, and gain senior executive level approvals to proceed with transaction(s)
• Work to gather all relevant stakeholder inputs to create compelling strategic review and executive level briefing materials
• Work with Line-of-Business Senior Strategy and Business Development executives to identify growth objectives and investment focuses
• Work with Engineering & Technology, Applied Research and Advanced Programs leadership to identify critical technical priority areas, strategic needs and gaps
• Support MFC senior leadership preparation for Corporate Executive Leadership Team transaction pipeline business rhythm events
Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
• Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or similar)
• Minimum 3 years direct experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital Investing, or Strategic Investments/Complex Financial and Strategic Analysis
• Minimum 5 total years of finance OR transaction-oriented roles
• Demonstrated experience in strategic and financial analysis
• Demonstrated experience and comfort in presenting to executive management
• Exceptional technical financial modeling skills
• Entrepreneurial drive and a desire for business growth
• Experience working at an investment banking firm or leading corporate or business unit M&A activities/projects
• Experience with corporate divestitures
• A Masters’ degree in a related discipline
• CPA/CFA or other professional financial designation
• Demonstrated experience in the identification, qualification, diligence and execution of mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions or assessments
• Experience leading large cross-functional teams in connection with M&A or corporate divestiture transactions (formal or informal leadership experience)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs