Lockheed Martin IT Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Description: This position is responsible for installing new Production Scheduling environments. This will involve working with the customer to decide the best architecture for their needs and coordinating with other departments to get the appropriate resources needed for the installations. The position will also be responsible for scheduling workload automation jobs on existing Production Scheduling environments and setting up new job scheduling functionality. This will involve working with the customer to make suggestions on the best job flow for their needs and coordinating with other departments to get the appropriate resources needed for the job scheduling workflows.
Additionally, this position will perform a variety of duties in support of a computer, network (LAN/WAN), and/or client server unit. The role will be responsible for reviewing input data to verify adequacy and appropriateness of material required for data processing and related operations and reviewing output data to verify completeness, accuracy, and conformance to quality standards and specifications. This possible will also maintains internal records and may catalog, disperse, and return tapes/disks and review daily processing logs, set and/or revise schedules. This support is provided in accordance with corporate and company policy, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with BMC Control-M suite of products on Distributed environments or equivalent scheduling software
- Working knowledge of the following Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, and Windows.
- Experience in batch management processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, including experience troubleshooting software and system issues.
- Experience troubleshooting of software issues which includes:
- gathering the appropriate resources
- driving troubleshooting and remediation
- escalating when necessary
- communicating to other technical teams and management.
- Knowledge and experience with CA-Workload Automation
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and IP applications such as: Telnet, sFTP, FTP, and SSH
- Hardware industry knowledge hardware components consisting of large mainframe and open system platforms
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle operational duties such as tape management requirements and system monitoring functions
- Leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated experience in problem documentation and escalation. Ability to handle high stress environments
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Evidence of clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills demonstrated through related work experience
- Knowledge and experience of Aperture or Blade Logic
Windows Server Administration
- Familiarity with the Windows Server OS
- Solid Windows Server troubleshooting skills
- Experience with monitoring and performance/capacity planning a plus
- Ability to remote-login to a server to implement configuration changes or to apply maintenance
- Some familiarity with Windows clusters a plus
- Some familiarity with Windows disk storage a plus
- SQL Server, Oracle, or other database fundamentals a plus
- Windows audit and compliance experience a plus (DR, Sarbanes-Oxley, DCAA, E&Y, etcetera)
Desired Skills: -Windows or Linux knowledge
-Familiarity with Lockheed Martin EBS systems, processes and toolsets
-Patching of server infrastructure (Windows, and Linux)
-VMware Horizon View deployment/patching/troubleshooting
-SCCM for Patching
-VMware ESXi deployment/patching/troubleshooting
-McAfee Move Multi-Platform deployment/patching/troubleshooting
-Proven effective virtual teaming skills
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
-Demonstrated self-starter with experience successfully working independently
-Demonstrated experience with a fast paced work environment
-Effective problem-solving skills demonstrated through related work experience
- Develop automated solutions for manual processes
- Experience with UNIX Shell scripting and SQL
- Upgrading the existing environments, keeping them at the latest release level, including applying fix packs and patches.
-Ability to successfully work flexible schedules (weekends, evenings, off shifts, on call) to support mission requirements
-Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the performance of all duties related to server administration
-Knowledge of basic hardware and sound network fundamentals illustrated through previous work experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.