Lockheed Martin Instructional Systems Manager in Orlando, Florida
Description: The F-35 ALIS Infrastructure Training (AIT) Lead provides leadership to the AIT Team assigned to the F-35 Instructional Products IPT. Responsible for management and oversight of ALIS Training Content development and sustainment updates. Changes to include courseware, syllabi, and any other training content used for training ALIS applications. Responsible for functional management of direct report team members; coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
The AIT Lead serves as the primary point of contact for ALIS training products for the Instructional Products IPT across the F-35 Enterprise. Must have expert level knowledge in instructional design and must have thorough knowledge of Instructional System Development (ISD) and/or System Approach to Training (SAT) Processes. The AIT Lead must have a full understanding of all components of the F-35 Training System in support of F-35 US and partner ALIS training.
Primary activities include but are not limited to:
• Coordination with F-35 Instructional Products lead on required budget necessary to support AIT operations
• Perform Control Account Management (CAM) duties associated with assigned Control Accounts
• Responsible for Assisting in the development of proposal efforts for annualized, non-annualized and development efforts
• Generate and report metrics supporting Instructional Products Team
• Responsible for coordination with Air System / JPO / Services to develop and execute prioritized change planning for AIT Content change
• Lead the activities of a team of Subject Matter Experts, Content Developers, Graphic Artists ISD Specialists, and courseware developers
• Management and oversight of Training System content deliveries and changes to include scheduling and processing of Training Change Requests (TCR) proposals
• Responsible for monitoring Evaluations & Standards ratings and improve learning strategy as appropriate
• Understand ISD/SAT and courseware requirements, and manage as the F-35 Training System matures
• Evaluation of AIT curriculum changes and assessment of impacts on baselined training
• Oversees the evaluation, update and modification, as required, of the Master Task Lists (MTL), Training Task Lists (TTL), Objectives and Media Analysis, including fidelity analysis for hardware trainers, and service specific syllabi and development / update of lesson and training scenarios including detailed outlines with key points, minor tasks and test items.
Must possess expertise in ISD engineering principles and be able to apply and oversee technical analysis and syllabus design efforts supporting courseware and training device development. Must possess in depth knowledge of technical orders, service publications, and ALIS Applications. Must have experience with a wide range of academic media and training devices. Must understand syllabus flow and lesson content to optimize syllabus design. Must have experience managing personnel to include interviewing and selection of candidates, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and the performance of related HR functions. Must have strong communications and interpersonal skills. Experience with syllabus and courseware development and execution. Possess a bachelor’s degree. Current Secret DoD security clearance. Ability to obtain F-35 Program Access Clearance.
Experience on F-35 program in a training development capacity. Experience and in-depth understanding of Evaluation and Standards processes and procedures and how they relate to sustainment of existing training baselines. Joint operational and/or training experience. Experience working with military pilot, maintainer and ALIS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Bachelor’s degree or higher in Instructional System Development / Instructional Technologies / Training and Learning Technologies or similar discipline. Understanding of F-35 Training System design and capabilities. ITAR and/or TTC trained.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.