Lockheed Martin Database Security Engineer (Services Security Engineering) in Orlando, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking an experienced engineer for computer and IT network security. This position is for an Information Security professional working for Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Technology (Enterprise IT) in Corporate Information Security (CIS).
The primary focus of the position will be security engineering support for the Security Engineering Services team as part of an overall Security Engineering (SecEng) organization in Corporate Information Security (CIS). This position supports all business areas within the Enterprise.
Duties will vary, but may include any or all of the following:
- Database Security Engineering – substantial hands on experience administering and securing databases including both RDMS such as MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Neo4j, etc. In addition, the candidate should have experience with cloud-based offerings such as Amazon Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB and DocumentDB. The candidate should be familiar with SQL, as well as best practices in hardening and securing the aforementioned databases in enterprise environments for both on premise implementations as well as assessing third party SaaS, IaaS and PaaS providers.
- Project Security Engineering - Engaging on customer projects to assist in engineering a secure solution in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and best practices. The security engineer conducts threat analysis and modeling, defines security requirements, analyzes and tests the environment against the requirements, recommends remediation for identified risks, documents the security posture of the environment, including unmitigated risks and presents the information to the CIS Engineering Technical Review Board or other authorities. Existing tools, templates and techniques may be used to aid with analysis, but unique situations may require additional consulting and identifying non-standard approaches to securing the environment.
- New Product Assessments - Performing a security analysis of Open Source, Software as a Service (SaaS) and COTS solutions to determine the viability of installing them in the Lockheed Martin computing environment. Standard processes and tools may be used to analyze the product. The security engineer will document their findings and make a recommendation on use of the product and specify any conditions of use that might apply to reduce risk.
- Exploration Initiatives - Security Engineer may participate in exploration initiatives or other special assignments, applying security knowledge, policies, procedures and best practices to identify security solutions for potential use across the enterprise.
- All security engineers must be familiar with CPS/IPM/CRX policies, standards, practices and procedures, specifically those pertaining to security and the protection of the LM network.
LOCATION: Work location can be at any major US LM facility.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO GET A SECURITY CLEARANCE AT SECRET LEVEL AT A MINIMUM.
- Proven ability to interpret security and information protection policies into executable requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in Information Assurance and security engineering principles involving application security, security testing, computer security and other areas of Information Assurance.
- Familiarity with security controls utilized to protect data in the various states, including encryption for data at rest, in use and in transit.
- Basic understanding of Identity and Access Management principles used for authentication including basics of public key cryptography and the use of PKI certificates for purposes of authenticating devices and users.
- Understanding of common enterprise services as it intersects with large scale corporate networks.
- Experience with cloud providers, especially Amazon Web Services and elastic computing principles domain.
- Experience with Threat Models such as STRIDE and threat modeling techniques.
- Proven experience interacting with internal customers and project co-workers as well as senior leadership.
- Proven successful experience interacting with external vendors / suppliers / partners.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience following standardized engineering life-cycle processes and tailoring processes when appropriate.
- Knowledge of LM Corporate security policies.
- Current active DoD Secret Security Clearance preferred
- CISSP, CISM or other relevant security certification
- Experience with database connectivity techniques such as ODBC
- Experience with secure coding to avoid SQLi such as prepared statements
- Experience with assessing and implementing vulnerabilities, patches and risk evaluation.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python is a plus
- Working knowledge of common database vulnerabilities and best practices for hardening against threats such as SQL injection.
- Familiarity with Hashing, Salting, and other cryptographic methodologies and approaches.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks and their countermeasures
- Understanding of the SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors and their countermeasures
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs