CVS Health Trade Relations Executive Advisor in Northbrook, Illinois
Health is everything. At CVS Health, our colleagues are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we help people on their path to better health –from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions.
As an Executive Advisor of Trade Strategy and Operations, you will assume a highly visible role on the Trade Strategy and Operations team that leads strategic initiatives and operational execution for the Pharmaceutical Contracting and Purchasing group at CVS Health.
In this challenging role, you will engage with members of the Pharmaceutical Contracting and Purchasing group on a daily basis including pharmacy trade negotiations, Specialty Pharmacy Trade Discounts and Access, and custom formulary client teams. This role will also be leading cross functional teams on strategic initiatives for the trade team that may include template and custom formulary optimization and execution, contract optimization, budget and forecast variance and root cause analysis, and special projects. Cross-functional partners may include members from Product, Finance, Underwriting, Specialty Pharmacy, Clinical and Medical teams.
As the pharmacy benefit landscape changes with new high cost therapies, increasing pressure to reduce pharmacy costs and the evolving policy landscape, the right person for this role is a highly motivated, forward-thinker who can identify opportunities and sort out root causes of issues while leveraging matrix partners to develop and execute innovative strategies effectively and efficiently. Your strategic vision, critical thinking, and creativity will aid in your success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Partner with the VP of Trade Strategy and Operations to lead strategic initiatives for the Trade Team, including working in a cross-functional team environment on multiple projects simultaneously
• Understand, monitor, and translate the impact to Trade of the changing environment in benefit design, pharmaceutical brand and generic pricing and manufacturing, public policy and competitor activity.
• Engage cross-functional partners on latest trends in trade and educate and prepare them on potential impacts of changes.
• Execute quantitative and qualitative analysis to create test hypotheses and value propositions for Template and Custom Formulary Clients.
• Positively develop and foster strong relationships across the organization and also with external partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers and industry partners.
• Consolidate, analyze and present findings of strategic initiatives or day-to-day operations to senior leadership.
• Embed, monitor and communicate performance of ongoing strategic initiatives including financial and operational performance.
A professional presence, excellent presentation and communication skills are a requirement in engaging and interacting with internal and external partners as well as senior leadership.
This role can be remote based, but will involve travel.
• You have 8 years of relevant experience and/or 4 years of management consulting experience.
• You can travel up to 20% of the time.
• You have at least 8 years of experience in managed care which may include PBM, Pharma, market access, account management, specialty pharmacy, or health plan experience.
•You have an MBA or Management consulting experience.
• You have experience with the coordination of cross-functional team members and key decision makers and the ability to elevate critical issues.
• You are a great communicator of complex issues and have an ability to relay information in an effective manner.
• You are able to dissect complex analytics and draw meaningful insights for senior leadership.
• You have extensive experience with building effective presentations for both cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
Bachelors degree is required.
Master degree highly preferred.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs