CVS Health Trade Relations Director in Northbrook, Illinois
CVS Health is one of the leading specialty pharmacies in the country dispensing or managing more than $30B of specialty medications annually. The specialty drug pipeline is robust with several new drugs launching over the next several years. Continuing to be a leader in this space is one of the key fundamental priorities for CVS Health. The Trade organization is a critical stakeholder responsible for gaining access to drugs through either broad or limited distribution arrangements and selling in value added services that differentiate us as a specialty pharmacy. Positions designed to be involved in the development and the negotiation of specialty service strategies with pharmaceutical manufacturers for current and pipeline specialty products. Strategies will include procurement of products,distribution strategies, specialty services, such as data services, compliance and persistency programs and other performance services. Position will hold direct account responsibilities for established manufacturers as part of this role. Responsibilities will include development of manufacturer strategy, account relationship management, direct accountability for the cost of goods of the manufacturer,and improvement in the reduction of those cost of goods throughout CVS Specialty, creating new opportunities for specialty services to current and new manufacturers.
· Provide account management and negotiate directly with pharmaceutical manufacturers in the specialty arena.
· Secure Access to limited distribution drugs and drive additional margin opportunities.
· Work with internal operational stakeholders to ensure follow through of our pharma commitments
· Work with legal and contracting to ensure successful contracting of our pharmacy services
· Lead specific internal trade corporate initiatives that will drive value across specialty.
· Identify new business opportunities to generate additional margin and collaborate with Specialty Underwriting team to ensure delivery of financial goals.
· Work with Specialty Trade Pipeline Team to collaborate with small to medium size pipeline manufactures in order to establish new relationships and gain access to new specialty pipeline products
10+ years in specialty pharmacy environment, familiarity with manufacturer
discussions and demonstrated success in managing multiple manufacturer
· Preferably 5 years plus experience in managing specialty/biologic
· Preferable 2+ years of complex contract negotiations and successful
completion of contracts.
· Experience in business development area and/or experience with
presenting in front of large executive customer audiences.
· Must possess strategic vision and critical thinking capabilities
· Must be creative and able to work in multiple locations across
several key business units
· Must be comfortable balancing multiple priorities at one time such
as when dealing with multiple contract negotiations and multiple manufactures
Strategic vision and critical thinking capabilities.
-Ability to work in multiple locations across various business units.
-Experience balancing multiple priorities at one time
Bachelor's degree, MBA and or business
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/