JPMorgan Chase Business Banking - Business Development Manager in North Bethesda, Maryland
At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses with $1 million to $20 million in revenue. As a Business Development Manager (BDM) you will be helping to improve the lives of our clients and the well-being of their businesses through financial solutions, education, and advice. The BDM is responsible for leading our business development efforts in the designated markets, which may include expansion markets.
Providethe best in client advice and service and develop the relationship toensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase. Build collaborative relationships withpartners across Chase, including Branches, Home Lending, Chase WealthManagement, Merchant Services, and Card, to provide our clients the bestsolutions for all of their financial needs.
Deliveran outstanding experience to Chase business clients by providingcomprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to thefinancial needs and circumstances of their businesses. Use knowledge ofbusiness, finance, banking, credit and risk management, while leveragingrelationships, to identify, recommend, and promote solutions that bestserve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio.
Protectthe firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering toregulatory requirements.
Buildcollaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best inclient advice and service to develop the business network, and ensure aseamless experience for the business client, who may have multipleproducts and services.
Identifythe personal financial goals and needs of business clients. Partner acrosslines of business (Chase Wealth Management, Home Lending, Branch Teams) toconnect clients with specialists who can help meet their financial needs.
Utilizereferral networks and centers of influence to identify and develop potentialnew clients, looking for ways to cultivate long-term relationships.
Strong current business network and activeinvolvement in community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce,non-profit boards. Leverage knowledge of diverse types of businesses,industries, markets, financial and economic concepts, as well as, creativemarketing techniques utilizing Chase resources and materials to developbusiness network and prospects.
· 5 to 7 years of experience in business banking relationship management role or related business/commercial lending experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
· Extensive knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
· Extensive knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
· Strong relationship management skills; demonstrate strong tactical business development and negotiation skills
· Proven experience to establish and develop relationships in emerging territories
· Strong ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct supervision
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally are critical
· Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches market/industry trends and business outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
· Able to identify opportunities, issues and viable alternatives, while managing risk, when traditional solutions do not apply
· Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities on a daily basis in pursuit of business priorities
· Strong PC skills; proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must be able to work independently and a reasonable amount of travel is required
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.