Aetna Senior Business Analyst - 64354BR in New York, New York
Req ID: 64354BR
To develop and deliver decision support tools, reporting applications, insights and business
intelligence based on advanced analyses and studies to support health care policy, benefits
and operational decision making by Aetna internal and external constituents. This involves
extracting, collecting, analyzing and interpreting health, utilization and financial data from
many sources to address business questions regarding population health management,
health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, healthcare program and product
design, healthcare provider network design and other business needs. These activities
require advanced technical, analytic and consultative skills, extensive knowledge of health
care data and information systems, as well as an understanding of epidemiology, health
care benefits, health care financing and health care delivery systems.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
• Performs analyses of varied healthcare data to evaluate programs and product solutions
using healthcare medical, pharmacy, lab, survey and utilization data.
• Designs and codes efficiently using SAS/SQL programs.
• Extracts data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytic datasets and creates
reports and studies to address business and research questions.
• Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to solve business
• Executes univariate and multivariate statistical analyses and interprets results in the
context of the business problem or question.
• Conducts periodic updates of analytical routines and department production systems
• Investigates and evaluates alternative solutions to meeting business needs.
• Participates in presentations and consultations to constituents on information services,
capabilities and performance results.
• Documents methods, specifications and findings clearly; contributes to writing and
presentation of results, findings and conclusions.
• Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the
• Manages personal resources efficiently to complete assigned projects accurately and on
• Participates in the development of project plans and timelines.
• Responsible for commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
• Motivated and is willing to understand and probe into technical details and data
• Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
• 3+ years of relevant programming or analytic experience. Healthcare or pharmaceutical
industry experience is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of health care claims, products, and systems.
• Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work
with large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Strong SQL and SAS programming skills (e.g., SAS Base, SAS STAT, SAS Macros)
• Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business
• Experience in statistical analysis and database management.
• Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Solid Understanding of complex databases and UNIX or mainframe environments.
• Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and
multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment
methods and tools.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Able to present information to
• Knowledge of other reporting platforms such as: Business Objects, Microsoft Access,
web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.
Additional Job Information:
Under general supervision, conducts analyses or produces reports of varied healthcare data to assess health and economic outcomes of Aetna products and programs.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Job Function: Healthcare
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.
- Aetna Jobs