Northwell Health Pharmacist - VIVO (RXLHH) in New York, New York
Req Number 001R9Z
Job Category Pharmacy
Interprets, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. Enters drug orders into computer profile.
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile.
Selects, prepares and dispenses drug products to fill outpatient prescriptions.
Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides
- Interacts with health care personnel and outpatients to provide
information on drug action or delivery of various medications.
- Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of
drugs contraindicated in specific disease states.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for
accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile.
- Maintains records and inventory of medications. Maintains records of
transactions and delivery.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services, including immunizations, etc. to
Executes point-of-sale transactions.
Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-
imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable
including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and
manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and one (1) year related experience
Current license in good standing to practice Pharmacy in New York State, required.
Minimum of two (2) years related experience, required.
Immunization Certification, required.