Northwell Health Nuc Med Technol-Cardio in New York, New York
Req Number 00343J
As a Nuclear Medicine Technologist you will perform routine and complex nuclear medicine procedures, including nuclear cardiology imaging, in-vitro tests and SPECT. Perform routine EKG stress testing. Responsible for all aspects necessary for quality patient care. Maintain quality control, radiation safety and documentation. Responsible for injecting, scanning, computer manipulation and generation of hard copies.
* Prepares patient for specific nuclear test by explaining procedure, obtaining weights, calibrating doses, obtaining I.V. access and injecting radioactive isotopes, performing stress portion of test.
* Operates nuclear camera by setting patient up for correct acquisition, culminates using approved protocols, generates, records, archives data.
* Performs EKG Stress Tests, explains procedure, applies electrodes and monitoring devices, instructs patient regarding safe use of treadmill, operates computer, records BPs during procedure, produces and collates final reports and chart data and completes requisition.
* Performs daily quality control of the imaging system and monitoring equipment. Measures accuracy and constancy of equipment using approved protocols and monitoring isotopes. Maintains records to meet regulatory requirements, performs daily tests to determine radiation levels.
* Performs daily maintenance checks of emergency equipment, maintains medication in safe area, reviews for expiration dates.
* Participates in research studies as assigned, collects, maintains and tract data as per protocol.
* Coordinates scheduling of patients with registrar, physicians and nursing units. Makes pre-procedure calls to patients and nursing units.
* Maintains records of isotope usage and requests supplies and isotopes as required.
* Retrieves prior scans and records, Assembles charts, Maintains work environment neatly, Collects and generates statistical reports.
High School diploma or equivalent, required. Completion of a two (2) year American Medical Association approved School of Nuclear Medicine Technology, required. Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Licensed by the State of New York to practice Nuclear Medicine, required.
Certified by the ARRT or NMTCB, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
- Northwell Health Jobs