JPMorgan Chase Legal - ED, Assistant General Counsel- U.S. Funds Management - Asset & Wealth Management in New York, New York
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.6 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Senior leadership role available for an attorney with strong investment management and leadership experience looking for growth and challenge to join the JPMorgan Asset Management legal team supporting the U.S. Funds Management business. The JPMorgan Asset Management U.S. Funds complex is among the largest complexes in the United States with more than 150 funds and over $550bn in AUM. The complex offers a full array of mutual funds in every asset class-money market, fixed-income, equity and alternative investments-domestic and international and an expanding array of Exchange Traded Funds. The position provides exposure to all aspects of the JPMorgan U.S. Funds Management business and offers significant opportunities for advancement in one of the fastest growing segments of JPMorgan Asset Management.
The individual will have responsibilities spanning the legal coverage required to support the U.S. Funds Management business including relating to the creation of new funds, existing funds, sub-advised and managed account products, regulatory developments and implementation and will provide legal support to the JPMorgan Funds Board of Trustees.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• 10+ years of mutual fund experience with a law firm or investment management firm. ETF experience a plus. In-house experience a plus.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
• The ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Excellent business judgment, demonstrates strategic and innovative thinking.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at Board and all business levels and with both legal and non-legal professionals.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the legal department, other control functions and the business.
• Self-starter and strong motivator.
• Ability to build and maintain close client relationships.
• Demonstrated expertise in the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and various regulations applicable to the operation of registered funds.
• Experience advising on complex and sophisticated broker-dealer issues a plus.
• JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
• All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.