Goldman Sachs & Co. Junior Developer - Inventory & Collateral Mgmt - Equities Technology in New York, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with allthe tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularlyconsider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Equities Engineers focus on designing, developing and maintaining the global infrastructure which underpins Equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.These engineers work across a variety of problem domains and software stacks to create leverage in our various Equities cash and derivatives business lines. These problem spaces include:• High-throughput, latency-sensitive order management, electronic trading and client connectivity systems• Adaptable algorithmic trading platforms• Performance-sensitive user interfaces• Adaptive, robust trading controls• Workflow management platforms• Platforms to optimally manage cash and securities inventory
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Equities Engineers employ a variety of technical skills and their work spans many technical domains, including systems software, compilers, user interfaces and modern webstacks, data (structured and unstructured), pricing, risk and analytics, test engineering, software controls and SDLC.
• Senior Developers are expected to assume a technical leadership role and drive strategic initiatives across a number of different product lines.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 1 year industry experience
• Experience programming in a variety of languages, including a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java), in a UNIX or Linux development environment
• Played a lead role in requirements gathering, design and implementation phases of a significant system
• Ability to prioritize and balance immediate deliverables with longer term strategic initiatives
• Well-versed with the complete software life cycle and familiarity with a number of SDLC tools
• Ability to multitask and lead other developers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Well-informed views on SDLC practices, including version control, testing, change management, deployment and maintenance
• Experienced user of open source, third party technologies
• Experience with several of the following: real-time systems, large-scale, distributed systems, operating systems design, compilers, user interface technologies, modern webstacks, databases, functional programming, and test engineering.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHSAt Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at .We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more:
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitPrime Services Technology