JPMorgan Chase Head of Strategy and Implementation in New York, New York
Our Asset and Wealth Management division thrives with innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world
The Business Technology Optimization (BTO) team plays a key role in enabling the Global Wealth Management business achieve its revenue objectives by providing leadership, engagement and optimization of all digital business applications and platforms. The team is aligned, co-located, and dedicated to specific Wealth Management business groups with the goal of transforming the user experience in order to drive product affinity across our technology platforms.
As part of the BTO team you will be expected to have fun, collaborate, and most of all, to commit to driving positive change through awareness and adoption, of the technology solutions available to ultimately optimize front office client services and support talent, and success.
We are looking for a Head of Strategy and Implementation to help drive our strategy across our AWM business clients around the globe. This is a demanding role that requires a highly proactive, motivated, and organized individual who is able to multitask, prioritize effectively, and demonstrate excellent time management. The person in this role will be involved with a variety of highly visible initiatives, identifying areas of potential opportunity, building program structure, and supporting the execution of principal work.
The role will be primarily focused on the development and execution of BTO team strategy efforts, coordinating across teams to deliver meaningful insights, high-quality analysis, and supporting materials. This position will report to the Global Head of Business Technology Optimization and will interact regularly with senior leadership, finance functions, and managers at all levels in the organization, including vendors and third-party providers.
· Act as trusted advisor and counterweight to the global head Global Head of Business Technology Optimization.
· Partner on the development of a robust, multi-year business plan for the global BTO organization, including a clear articulation of key priorities, initiatives, resource drivers, and requirements.
· Evolve an effective operational framework for accountability, supporting successful execution of critical activities including building strong relationships, and a rigorous interaction model with key stakeholders.
· Drive alignment and efficiency of BTO programs, and hold accountable the teams responsible for delivery within and outside of our team.
· Understand our complex logistics activities, workflows, systems, organization, and outputs, to ascertain what success should look like.
· Deliver timely, fact-based, data driven, and well-articulated recommendations.
· 10+ years of financial services technology, business management, consulting, or related experience.
· Demonstrated professionalism, sensitivity, discretion, and sound decision-making skills with the ability to liaise with senior leaders.
· Demonstrated prior stakeholder relationship and expectation management experience.
· Experience in IT business management functions.
· Strong business and finance acumen — experience creating and developing short, medium, and long term, strategic plans.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and ability to interact with talent at all levels.
· Highly proactive leader who demonstrates initiative and ownership, with the ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets and cultures, and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments.
· Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to "turn on a dime", think through problems to come up with innovative appropriate solutions.
· Bachelor's degree.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.