Bank of America Full Stack Developer - Python in New York, New York
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing software in Python, object-oriented database and grid using proprietary Quartz platform.
• Responsible for building REST web services
• Responsible for designing interface between UI and REST service.
• Responsible for building data-grid centric UI based on Angular framework.
• Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle.
• Participating fully in Agile software development process
• 10 years of overall technology experience or 3 years of Python experience
• Python experience required. We use python 2.7
• Experience with git, npm, Angugar preferred
• Experience with financial instruments and Price Verification processes is desirable.
• Experience with grid computing and high data volume a plus
• Experience with object-oriented database a plus
• Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing and continuous integration is desirable
• We prefer people with experience across a range of languages and technologies, especially C++/Java and Python.
• Strong written and verbal communications
Employee will be working from Brookfield Place in downtown New York
Posting Date : 08/14/2018
New York, NY, 250 VESEY ST (NY3004),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.