JPMorgan Chase Digital Intelligence – Senior Machine Learning Engineer in New York, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. We serve millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under our J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. In recent years, we have undertaken a large-scale digital transformation initiative, building on the success of our current mobile and online service offerings. The Digital team is responsible for building innovative platforms and developing new products that make banking and payment tasks simpler and more personalized for our customers, as well as deepen customer engagement and loyalty with more relevant offers and services. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments, and to enable highly personalized, real-time experiences that customers increasingly expect. We function similar to a fintech start-up in our brand new offices that inspire collaboration, transparency, agile development, and a fun working environment.
The Digital Intelligence team’s mission is to deeply personalize the user experience of our millions of customers through the use of the firm’s massive data, machine learning and proprietary data platforms. Whether it’s building a financial graph of consumers and small businesses, optimizing ad targeting on chase.com/mobile and paid media sites, recommending the most relevant hotels, or detecting fraudulent behavior, we work at the intersection of statistics, machine learning and engineering to tackle some of the most challenging and interesting problems you will find in digital banking, commerce and payment. Many companies claim that they work on “big data” and “data science”. We live and breathe them every day.
The ideal candidates have created production-level low latency and highly scalable Machine Learning pipelines to process terabytes of data, and deployed predictive models in production. They are hands-on, have a solid understanding of software engineering principles and love learning new skills along the way. They feel comfortable working with a diverse team of data scientists, product managers and business partners. You will be joining one of the most elite data science and engineering teams on Wall Street: several of us have worked at other leading software companies, financial services and start-ups before joining the team.
· MS in Computer Science or PhD in a STEM field.
· 2+ years of experience building full stack solutions using distributed computing tools like Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, ElasticSearch, HBase and Cassandra. Experience with real-time systems is a bonus.
· Proven knowledge of design and implementation of big data architecture, as demonstrated by industry experience.
· Demonstrated the ability to research and implement Machine Learning algorithms at scale either in their current role or contributed to open source community.
· Must be able to write clean and concise code in at least two of the following: Python, Java, and Scala.
· Experience with open-source tools like Apache Nifi, Apache Beam, Airflow etc. for pipeline engineering is a nice-to-have but not required.
· You are passionate about changing the financial lives of millions of people by making banking simple, personal and humanizing data, algorithms and insights.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.