JPMorgan Chase CIB Global Research - Applied AI & Machine Learning Lead in New York, New York
AboutJ.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets, securities services and wholesale payments. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Data Analyticsat JPMorgan CIB
Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bankcombines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company’s uniquedata assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. In this role, youwill be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance thestate-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating businessintelligence to predictive models and automated decision making.
Therole will be in the firm’s Applied AI and Machine Learning organization andwill involve working closely with Global Research.
Thesuccessful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditionalstatistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publicallyavailable and JPMorgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answeringquestions relevant to our Research analysts and the firm’s clients.
The firm's Research team provides clients with informed views and actionable ideas on economic indicators, markets, companies and asset classes around the world. Its top ranked research analysts, strategists and economists are located in 27 countries in developed and emerging economies. CIB Research strives to be a leader in articulating its unique and independent perspectives in the regions where we want to do business.
Clients of the CIB, Asset Management, and other lines of business value the expertise of Research in helping them achieve their objectives. They recognize its commitment with top-tier rankings in surveys conducted by Institutional Investor, Greenwich Associates, Orion and many others.
Collaborate with Research analysts to formulate relevant financial and business questions that can be answered by data analysis.
Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
Communicate final results and give context.
Document approach and techniques used.
Work on longer term projects, building tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases.
Collaborate with other JP Morgan machine learning teams.
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
• MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, or similar BS with experience in a highly quantitative position.
• Hands-on experience analyzing data.
• Strong ability to develop and debug in Python or similar professional programming language.
Nice to Have
• Experience with natural language processing (NLP).
• Ideally, some experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples: TensorFlow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, statsmodels).
• Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc.
• Should be able to work both individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
• Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems.
• Must have the ability to design or evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metrics of your model’s performance which are aligned with business goals.
• Must be able to independently research and propose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance.
• Must be able to undertake basic and advanced EDA, may require some direction from more senior team; should be aware of limitation and implication of methodology choices.
• Ensures re-use and sharing of ideas within team and locale.
• Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders.
• Shows institutional awareness and some understanding of applied problem solving, may require coaching and guidance as to how to most rapidly reach a satisfactory conclusion
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs