Federal Reserve Bank Data Integration & Analytics Team Lead – Solution Delivery – Technology Group in New York City, New York
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. ** ** *What we do: * Solution Delivery manages a portfolio of more than 150 diverse applications, systems, platforms and integrated COTS products ranging from mission critical for the System to tactical for specific business line units. The function implements and delivers according to the Client's needs using appropriate tools and technologies that include commercial off the shelf (COTS) utilities and applications, building in-house, working with vendors or combining all of these methods to ensure optimum performance and customer satisfaction.
Your role asData Integration & Analytics Team Lead: ** A team lead in FedAI, Data Integration & Analytics team has responsibility for the technically leading a sub-set of a competency center’s responsibilities focused on Common Services. Competency centers are accountable to the Delivery teams to provide supplemental resources to respond to demand changes and specialized skills, tools, and services to support all the Delivery teams as well as other TSG Functions, the Bank, and FRS.
Manage a team dedicated to the design, development, and delivery of various projects in oracle data warehouses (including data modeling, ETL, database application development) and Tableau Reporting. These solutions will eventually be providing services across multiple lines of business within the Federal Reserve System.
Will collaborate closely with Data architects for design work and develop secure and scalable application solutions. This position includes the ability to manage ETL, Data Warehouse in Oracle, Hadoop based systems, provide training and guidance to FRB developers, design and develop architecture and work with the end-users of the system. Will take a deep dive on the architecture of existing systems to enhance the quality of the deliverables and minimize the support. Some of the other responsibilities include: * Ongoing responsibility to manage the technology debt across the inventory of data services products. * Responsible for evaluating new technologies, providing design and expertise in supporting open source products, and database designs and configurations. * Ensure proper and complete project billing and minimize non-billable activities to manage our rates and costs to be as streamlined as possible. * Responsible for talent management to ensure performance assessment, development plans, appraisals, succession planning, growth, and remediation as needed. * Responsible for delivery of highly available, high performance, mission critical applications
- *What we are looking for: * 10 years of experience working with Oracle Data Warehousing, architecting applications with 3 years of leading a team.10 Experience with data warehouses including Data modeling, SQL, ETL tools, data visualization and reporting.
- 3 to 4 year of experience with AWS Cloud Data Technologies
- 3 to 4 years working with Hadoop ecosystem with frameworks like with Spark, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Map Reduce and others.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with software development, the implementation of complex technology solutions and management tools such as version control, application build and deployment utilities.
- Experience in managing a team of 8-10 (e.g. designers, modelers,developers,contractors) including defining & implementing the strategy and technology roadmap for future data technologies
- Experience managing vendors and integrating solutions within enterprise applications.
- Open source graph databases such as Neo4j
- Python/Java experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
/This position requires access to confidential information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so./
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- * Why the Fed: Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Clickhere to learn more.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Data Integration & Analytics Team Lead – Solution Delivery – Technology Group
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 259880