Lockheed Martin Sr. QA Engineer in NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
Description: This is a Program Quality Engineer (QE) position supporting USG Military CH-53K Program located in Pax River, MD. The QE will be expected to communicate between team members, Sr Management and in some cases, customer counterparts to provide assurance of contractual and specification requirements. In this role, the QE will:
- Participate in program reviews
- Contribute to Integrated Product Team (IPT) initiatives
- Support Product Quality investigations
- Discuss deviations/nonconformances at different levels within the organization
- Provide general program support as required by program management and the Program Quality manager
- Lead/coordinate efforts to perform root cause and corrective action activity on both manufactured and supplier parts
- Perform comprehensive analyses and prepare reports and presentations for IPT and customer review
- Drive product and process improvements for military programs in all phases of production and acceptance
- Interact with design engineering, manufacturing engineering, operations, and suppliers
- Represent Program Quality on various program related teams and provide support for program continuous improvement objectives and flight safety part issues
- Present status updates to related IPT leads, Program Manager, Program Quality Manager and the Customer when required.
Desired Skills: Advanced degree preferred
- Possess ability to understand and communicate typical engineering/manufacturing concepts and processes
- Have knowledge and experience of inspection processes and methods, as well as the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other engineering technical data required
- Must have interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with military program customers
- Must be organized and detail oriented, have ability to multi-task in a matrix reporting structure
- Be an effective communicator, demonstrate leadership characteristics, and be solutions oriented
- The ability to analyze data for trends with the ability to identify effective root cause and corrective action using Enterprise Excellence tools as required.
MS Office Experience is preferred
Experience in Engineering / Operations Management / Quality / Aerospace or related field
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.