Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer -Moorestown, NJ in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for analysis, design, integration, and test. Tasking will include development of mission critical software & hardware requirements. The candidate will be responsible for development of requirements using SysML diagrams and constructs. The candidate will be responsible for completion of systems engineering related tasks to meet cost and schedule. Knowledge of system engineering process desired. Experience with the C programming language, algorithm and software development is desired.
Performs requirements development, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Perform data analysis and code inspection in Linux, Java, and/or C++ to troubleshoot product and system level issues. Work in a team environment on one or more of the following areas: analysis, requirements development, design, modeling, simulation, integration, test. Responsibilities will also include interfacing with the customer in performing test and evaluation activities; interfacing with internal software teams to isolate and fix issues as they arise for various functional areas. Supporting the various testing groups, waterfront installation and testing in-port or at-sea. Domestic and International travel may be required.
• BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
Minimum (2)+ years of relevant job experience.
• Experience with Linux.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
• MS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent• Ability to develop test scripts (bash, csh, Python) and software test drivers (C/C++ and Java) to exercise test procedures on multiple Linux/Unix-based platforms.
• Ability to effectively construct verification, regression and performance analysis test plans and procedures, according to existing Aegis CPS/SIEPs and RMS Work Instructions.
• Understanding of software product family engineering principles related to the definition of reference architectures, product variants and methods to manage product variation.
• Understanding of the Linux/Unix OE, process management and associated communication principles.
• Ability to define and document system structural and behavioral analysis models necessary for the definition of software requirements specifications (SRS) and verification test threads (regression and ET&E).
• Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
• Ability to decompose, define and document software requirements specifications (SRS) associated with the definition of middleware and fault detection/fault isolation operations and component behaviors.
• Ability to conduct product selection and design trade studies that evaluate stakeholder needs against product/design alternatives.
• Ability to interact with a software development team to ensure that developed software products meet documented SRS.
• Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• Experience with Agile systems development and/or DevOps. Familiarity with continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins is preferred.
• Experience with IBM DOORS requirements management preferred.
• Experience with SysML/UML, MagicDraw and IBM Rhapsody preferred.
• Experience with MATLAB, data management, analytics or prognostics is preferred.
• Strong communications skills (written and verbal), strong team leadership, administrative and interpersonal skills desired.
• Experience in complex systems integration and testing
• Experience with test automation with Robot Framework desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs