Lockheed Martin Moorestown, NJ - Model & Simulation Developer-Entry level in Moorestown Township, New Jersey
Description: Systems analyst for Aegis Weapon System development on a BMD or non-BMD program.
Use mathematical models and simulation to perform mission analysis, ConOps development, gap analysis, concept exploration, sensitivity and trade studies, system requirements validation, detailed design verification, model driven test, and performance prediction.
Modeling & Simulation Developer
A candidate in this position is expected to:
• Be responsible for software architecture/design and development of new modeling capabilities for various discrete event simulation products
• Contribute to and use models of real-world weapons, radars, C2 systems, and communication networks
• Integrate existing and new third-party models into the simulation framework
• Facilitate the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Perform unit and integration testing of simulation models
• Independently identify and address system and software defects
A BS Degree in Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent
•Experience with the Design of experiments.
•Root cause analysis
•Problem solving skills
•Methods of applied mathematics
•Proficiency with MATLAB or Python.
•Must be able to obtain & maintain a DOD Secret security clearance
•Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required.
A BS Degree in Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or Physics
-Experience with the Design of experiments.
-Root cause analysis
-Problem solving skills
-Methods of applied mathematics
-Proficiency with MATLAB or Python.
Modeling & Simulation Developer
Demonstrated ability to practice sound software engineering discipline
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and decompose complex problems and formulate solutions
• Proficiency in C++ programming and associated OOP paradigms
• Proficiency with Python scripting
• Experience with debugging and computer system performance analysis tools
• Basic understanding of Monte Carlo and distributed simulation techniques
• Ability to work in fast paced, Agile development environment
• Ability to be a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with multiple customers
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, identify issues, and work with stakeholders to develop solutions
Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
4 yr and up College