Lockheed Martin Flight Test Data Processing Engineer in Marietta, Georgia
Description: This position supports the Flight Test Data Processing Center at the LM Aero Marietta site.
Candidate will design, develop, integrate, maintain, and document tools/processes supporting the flight test data center. Tools are computation and I/O intensive and include interfaces to databases and very large/complex datasets.
Candidate will utilize specialized digital electronic systems, data processing systems, and other methods to accomplish the recovery, computation, and display of flight test data. Will interface with other technical personnel in the diagnosis and resolution of any problems (hardware/software) encountered in the recovery of test data utilizing various data systems including PCM ground stations, telemetry ground stations, specialized data processing equipment, etc.
This position requires frequent travel and odd-shift work on an as necessary basis.
Must be a US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Experience with the following:
- Windows and UNIX operating systems, databases, and one of C/C++/C# development environments.
- Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of electronics and experience in electronic troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and other common lab equipment.
-Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
For this position an active Secret security clearance, with a current background investigation is desired.
Applicant must have good organizational and communications skills and will be required to work occasional odd, weekend, or overtime shifts.
- Experience with
- Integrated Development Environment tools, particularly Visual Studio
- Networking / Network Monitoring / Ethernet messaging
- Avionics bus protocols including MilStd-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
- Familiarity with
- Web Development Technologies and Databases
- Flight test instrumentation protocols and standards
- Analog and digital transducers
- Solid state/magnetic media recorders
- GPS and IRIG time standards
- Video protocols and compression
- UNIX build tool chain
- Windows Administration
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs