Lockheed Martin Contracts Negotiator Sr Stf/Marietta, GA in Marietta, Georgia
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. RMS values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin is seeking an experienced Contracts professional to support the RMS Training and Logistics Line of Business. This position will support our office in Marietta, GA, and provide lead Contracts support for C-130 Maintenance and Aircrew Training Systems (CMATS) programs for US Government and International Customers.
This Contracts Negotiator Senior Staff position will have a primary responsibility as lead contract negotiator for the C-130J Maintenance & Aircrew Training Systems program. The successful applicant will have responsibility for a broad range of contract management activities including proposal preparation, contract negotiation, administration, and closeout for the programs and special projects as assigned. Candidate will divide time between supporting existing contracts and coordinating and supporting major proposals for new business and existing programs.
- Advises management of contractual rights, obligations and risks; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- Manages and participates in and/or conducts contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Participates in proposal preparation by reviewing contract terms and risks and assisting the Program Management Office in developing mitigation strategies for proposal submittals
- Oversees the evaluation of contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations, and communications are maintained for timely execution by the parties.
- Must have the ability to exercise initiative, participate in negotiation strategy development, and work in an independent manner. This position requires interface with Program Management and Engineering functions and excellent communication skills are a must. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work directly with the customer on multiple types of contracts (CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M & FFP). They must also have significant experience in both domestic and international commercial contracting environments.
- Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong working knowledge of FAR / DFARS
- Strong working knowledge of International Commercial Contracting (e.g. prior experience with DCS contracts desired)
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Proficient with LM's Electronic Contracting Environment (ECE) and Intra-Work Transfer Agreement (IWTA) system
- Ability to travel, is required.
- Experience in United States Government and Direct Commercial International negotiations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs