Lockheed Martin Strategic Planning Analyst in Manassas, Virginia
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Strategic Planning & Investment Planning:
- Support the development of the LOB (Line of Business) strategic plan and Strategic Business Reviews (SBRs)
- Provide analysis in support of LOB investment (IRAD, B&P, MA, and Capital) requests and execution
Market Research & Analysis:
- Conduct market research to formulate assessments of served markets to include market size, growth projections, customers, trends, market attractiveness, and competitive environment
- Support efforts to strategically manage business portfolio – evaluating our position in the market to inform portfolio management decisions
- Support Mergers & Acquisitions process via market research and building company profiles
Business Analytics & Business Intelligence:
- Perform a variety of analytic projects to support LOB strategic plan, Long Range Plan (LRP), and LOB investment allocations. Example projects include investment business case assessments, business portfolio analysis, and LRP Orders assessments.
- Provide analysis for the RMS Strategic Forecasting Model, a 10+ year market based forecast of RMS financial projections.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that learns quickly and demonstrates superior strategic thinking and intellectual agility. He/she must be able to reliably deliver high quality products under tight deadlines.
Desired Skills: - Strategy development or management consulting experience
- Technical and Business background
- MBA (completed or in progress)
- Familiarity with defense industry, RMS, and C6ISR LOB portfolios
- Experience working in Visual Basic and writing XLS macros
- Familiarity with DOD customer budget process and documentation
- Ability to synthesize broad and complex information
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in building effective presentations, to include executive level presentations
- Financial and business case analysis
- Advanced XLS, PPT, and SharePoint skills
- Ability to prioritize tasking, multi-task, and work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and complex-problem solving skills
- Market research and analysis leveraging critical thinking
- Understanding of financial planning, overhead, and investment planning
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Commitment to excellence; commitment to validating analyses and results
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.