Brown-Forman Manager of Retail Operations- Jack Daniel's Homeplace in Lynchburg, Tennessee
Scope of Position:
Primarily responsible for retail operations at the Jack Daniel Homeplace. This includes approximately 33 employees working and leading the Lynchburg Hardware and General Store, The White Rabbit Bottle Shop and the Gift Shop at Miss Mary Bobo’s Restaurant. This role will focus on developing the right mix of merchandise to hit operating/budget performance targets. Enhance the employee and guest experience at each of these retail operations. The area of responsibility also includes: Fulfillment Center Operations, Merchandising, Inventory Control, Planning and Buying new merchandise and using analytics to improve the operating performance at each retail operation.
Involved with developing new merchandise programing and implementing a long term strategy for retail operations at the Jack Daniel Homeplace. Focused on setting goals, objectives, budgets and leading the team to reach them. Position will work with agencies and internal consultants as well as benchmark new and innovative techniques to enhance the employee and guest experiences at each retail operation. Creating and implementing plan-o-grams for periodic store resets and using analytics to determine prime areas for in-store merchandising. Creating retail displays by product category to drive curiosity and awareness of the consumer. Work with our suppliers, The Jack Daniel Brand Team and local Retail Team to insure our bottle shop and retail offerings are on-brand and the messaging is authentic and relevant. Set the tone and strategic direction for retail operations at the Lynchburg Homeplace. Assist the Store Supervisor to coach and train our Sales Associates to be engaging and knowledgeable about our history and brand. Create programs and events that drive sales to meet goals and targets. Establish annual retail summits with our retail supplier/partners by working with the Licensing Manager for B-F in Louisville. Also attend retail shows with the team at Miss Bobo’s to select merchandise for sale.
• Set the operational strategy for retail merchandise sales at the Lynchburg Homeplace. Work with the management team to implement operational efficiencies, systems and policies to ensure we maximize the guest experience while providing the right mix of merchandise to hit sales and budget targets. Provide guidance on operations, staffing and merchandising to the teams at the Lynchburg Hardware and General Store, White Rabbit Bottle Shop and Miss Mary Bobo’s Restaurant gift shop leadership teams.
• Assist team with staffing decisions and operational issues. Ensure and operate a safe environment for our guests and employees. Maintain excellent team morale and friendly culture for our employees.
• Responsible for overall operational performance within the retail operations which requires hands on interaction and involvement with the leadership teams tasked with leading these operations.
• Will be responsible for collaborating with the brand, licensing and vendors to develop and implement strategy. Must ensure on-brand programming for sourcing and purchasing new inventory as well as re-ordering merchandise as needed.
• Compiles metrics, reports and analysis to track daily, weekly, monthly and annual performance.
• Leading projects like store merchandise/fixture resets, software upgrades and enhancements to existing programs to improve effectiveness and performance.
• Hiring and training staff to support operations.
Other Duties as assigned
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements):
Business, Retail or related Degree and 5 years of experience in all facets of retail/ fulfillment operations.
Excellent leadership and communication skills.
Must be able to manager direct and manage a 7-day/week operation, which includes which includes day and evening work, plus holidays. Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule as needed.
Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written
Must have excellent conversation, hospitality, and customer service skills
Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Office and retail software programs
Willing to adapt and learn new retail programs
Master’s Degree in Business or related field
Experience in fulfillment operations and systems
Experience in Internet retail sales
Experience in public relations
Experience in hospitality and tourism#SM#TSM
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt