Lockheed Martin System Security Administrator Sr / Cheongju, RoK in Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Experienced System/Security Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for Cheongju Air Base in Cheongju, South Korea.
Security Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation. Monitors and reviews security audit logs.
The Security Administrator uses a series of automated auditing tools (Splunk and associated reports) also augmented with manual processes to ensure that auditing occurs to guarantee compliance with the accredited systems. Windows’ audit policy determines the type of information found in the Security logs. Each Windows system has several audit policies that can be enabled or disabled:
a) Audit account logon events
b) Audit account management
c) Audit directory service access
d) Audit logon events
e) Audit object access
f) Audit policy change
g) Audit privileged use
h) Audit process tracking
i) Audit system events
Additional Security Administrator responsibilities will include:
a) ALIS Account creations across multiple applications
b) Role definitions/modifications & password resets
c) COMSEC account duties may be necessary
d) Security patching (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVAMs, antivirus signatures)
f) Log file rotations/sizing issues and audit management, Security audits (IAO, IAMs, etc)
g) Upgrade applications for Time Compliant Technical Directives (TCTDs)
h) Troubleshooting COTS and custom applications
Must be willing to travel to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access and must be DoD IAT Level II certified (Security + or better)
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Extensive System Administrator experience
3) Good Communication & Verbal skills
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
6) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
7) Travel outside the local region is possible
8) Successful candidate must be capable of passing medical, dental and overseas screening requirements.
9) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Disaster recovery/restores
5) Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
6) User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.