EY Advisory Services Manager - Digital Product Manager in Los Angeles, California
Advisory Services Manager - Digital Product Manager
Requisition # LOS003FB
Post Date Sep 17, 2018
Today’s companies are experiencing unprecedented digital growth as digital-physical systems, powered by Internet of Things and fueled by data, create a fully interconnected society. Increasing customer demands require companies to create a seamless experience across all channels. It’s an increasingly complex, digitized, fast-changing and interconnected world and as part of the Digital practice focusing on the media, entertainment and hospitality sector, you’ll help leading companies strategize and execute on their future vision and experience.
We help our clients transform. Together we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike. We are designing customer experiences, modernizing applications, simplifying processes and business practices, driving business efficiency and providing deeper insights across their ever-changing platform and channel infrastructures. Everything we do centers around this simple story.
The Digital practice works with clients to analyze, formulate, design, mobilize and drive strategic transformation initiatives. We also have the unique ability to help our clients translate strategy into actionable customer experience design, technical design, transformation planning and mobilization. Through our unique combination of competencies and solutions, EY’s Digital team helps our clients develop and sustain competitive advantage by developing strategies to stay ahead of the rapid pace of change and disruption and convergence in the industry. Our Digital practice has been at the forefront of major events that have reshaped and redefined the how clients process and distribute content, and interact with content distributors or directly with consumers.
EY offers a hybrid model of both national and local Advisory practices that deliver digital capabilities to clients and due to growth, we are recruiting local practitioners in Los Angeles, CA and Orlando, FL.
Your Key Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced, passionate, results-oriented product managers who are great problem solvers with deep and proven experience delivering products to market to join our team of digital professionals in our Digital practice. As a product manager, you can work with multidisciplinary feature teams, including user experience professionals and engineers, to define and roll out products and services to large global organizations as well as EY.
Skills and attributes for success
You take a customer-centric approach to product development and are an advocate for the user throughout the product development life cycle. You can break down and simplify complex processes and touch points to deliver exceptional experiences. You are a strategic thinker, can prioritize and define product road maps, manage a product backlog, make quick decisions and coordinate the team to release quality products within planned timelines.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
• A minimum of five years of post-bachelor work experience (or four years with a master’s degree), of which three years must be relevant work experience at a technology, media or telco company or comparable experience working as a consultant in a professional services firm providing advisory services for product management, digital or customer experience strategy
• Proven delivery skills, including the ability to scope and size a project, staff a team with the appropriate skill set, provide subject matter direction and guidance to a team, manage communications with the project sponsors and manage the delivery of an engagement work stream
• Facilitate discussions with technical, design and business subject-matter resources to document requirements, establish a vision, and articulate alternatives for future state approaches across various domains and channels
• Experience establishing a product vision, defining and managing product road maps, prioritizing and managing the backlog, and leading product launches
• We would expect for you to “act local and be local” to clients we serve in the local markets of Los Angeles or Orlando. Occasional travel outside of these local markets may be required. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. Multiple-year assignments may be required at a client by either working on a single program or multiple programs over the duration of the assignment. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Ability to participate in and drive ideation sessions, stand-ups, sprints and scrums
• A specific domain knowledge and understand the dynamics impacting their product, such as market trends, technology and regulatory rules
• An understanding of modern architecture, development practices and technologies, such as microservices, APIs, cloud platforms and continuous delivery
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving local markets of Los Angeles and Orlando. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
This year, EY was recognized for a record 20th consecutive year in FORTUNE magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For®" list. You will be rewarded by working with and learning with a highly talented group of Digital practitioners. Your contributions will be recognized and with the high growth we are experiencing in the firm and especially within the Digital practice you will be offered career and upward mobility. We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills, progress your career and become a purpose-driven leader
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply Now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.