Lockheed Martin Technical Quality Assurance Specialist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The selected individual will perform the important duties and responsibilities of a Quality Assurance (QA) Professional on Navigation Systems (GPS). This individual will be an integral part of our GPS Quality Team (which includes Quality, Engineering, Production, Supply Chain, and Program Management), having a positive, direct effect on the accurate and successful assembly, and launch of the GPS Program. This individual will perform a variety of activities to ensure the accuracy and completeness of technical manufacturing and documentation and processes. Reviews and develops information for testing, fabrication, assembly and inspection of hardware units, assemblies and , based on the review and knowledge of specifications, sketches, drawings, schematics and manufacturing process plans. Tracks and controls hardware non-conformance and anomaly documentation. Reviews final hardware build and documentation for accuracy and assures control of build and records and issuance of serial numbers.
Selected Candidate requirements:
- Proven Quality Assurance experience and leadership within a high bay or similar production environment, with at least 3+ years related experience.
- Ability to perform reviews of documentation and maintain trace-ability of the assembled hardware.
- Requires the ability to execute in a Microsoft environment.
- Must be able to document discrepant hardware and work in an electronic work instruction system.
- Ability to review final build, documents and hardware requirements for final Quality buy-off.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to perform Quality Inspection of in-process as well as completed hardware and documentation.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings in support of inspection efforts.
- Must be willing to obtain and retain all program required skill training requirements.
- Ability to work in a high bay, clean room type environment, including the ability to work safely above floor level on platforms or ladders.
- Ability to operate and perform work on a laptop or computer workstation to retrieve engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
- Must be able to travel occasionally, for up to 1 week at a time to other site operations.
- Position requires a full commitment to support overtime, odd shifts and holidays (as required), and On-Call requirements as dictated by program operational needs; although a shift is specified, expect rotations to other shifts in support of team needs.
- Must currently possess a minimum Interim-level DOD Secret security clearance, and be a US Citizen
- Must currently possess, or be able to obtain, COMSEC .
- Quality Assurance, Manufacturing or Assembly/ and Launch Operations experience
- Knowledge of Material Review Board processes and procedures
- Quality Assurance Preliminary Review certification
- Knowledge working in SAP and Framework (AF) environment (Electronic Manufacturing Work Instructions, Non Conformance processing, Instructions)
- Aircraft and Powerplant (A&P) License
- Technician Experience - Automotive, Aircraft, Aerospace/Defense
- Related US Military Service experience working on aircraft or other aerospace/defense hardware
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to support Customer interface on a daily basis.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.