Lockheed Martin Sr Contracts Negotiator in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Did you ever think that you would be able to impact programs that put astronauts on Mars, 3D printed satellites, or payloads that learn in orbit? Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthrough to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space's Advanced Technology Center (ATC) seeks a Sr Negotiator for its Louisville, CO location. The Advanced Technology Center is a recognized leader of innovative cutting edge science and research and development that meets the challenges and needs of our customers. The Center performs research, product development and system integration for products designed to maintain continuous, real-time operations in demanding environments and that provide critical information for scientific and defense related applications. Our team provides contract administration support and guidance to our leadership and scientists from pre- activities through contract performance and closeout.
The Sr Negotiator will direct all contract administration activities from receipt of RFP through contract closeout and will be responsible for the following:
• Represent the company as the primary customer contact and interact with senior internal and external personnel on key contract related issues
• Examine performance requirements for identification of unacceptable risk and formulate and recommend risk mitigation plans to senior
• Examine terms and conditions in response to potential performance issues and for interpretation of company obligations
• Act as consultant to program regarding potential and current performance issues
• Support the development of, and adherence to, operating plan goals for sales, orders, cash, EBIT and ROIC
• Pre-request support to business development, preparation support, negotiations, contract administration, contract guidance and contract closeout
• Review and provide guidance related to customers' request for proposals, requests for contract revisions, and other customer direction
• Interpret contract terms and conditions
• Work in conjunction with associated functional organizations and customers to ensure conformance with contractual obligations, to remain cognizant of problem areas, and to implement the required actions
• Able to obtain active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, a 9x80 work schedule, and healthy living incentives.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Thorough knowledge of the Acquisition Regulations and all supplements thereto
• Experience with different contract types (for example fixed price, reimbursable, T&M, IDIQ, etc)
• Excellent communications and negotiations skills along with ability to provide leadership in implementing process changes
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin Corporate and Lockheed Martin Space's policies and procedures relating to proposals and contract administration
• Ability to lead and direct a negotiation team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs