Lockheed Martin Embedded Cyber Hardware Researcher, Littleton, CO in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Embedded System developer will be part of a small team that focuses on research and development within the cyber engineering field, investigating and exploiting the newest technological advances to solve complex problems. This team works in close coordination with Customers throughout the development process. The environment is reminiscent of a 'start-up' and value innovation, creativity, and collaboration. Curiosity and determination compliments this team very well and enables the most creative solutions.
Embedded System developer responsible for research and development, architecture, design and implementation of novel solutions to unique customer requirements. Typical products range from proof-of-concept prototypes to full life-cycle development. The ideal candidate is very self-motivated, able to learn new concepts quickly and aware of the current state-of-the-art of commercial cyber-security and embedded systems concepts. Additionally, candidates should have system-level awareness and be able to design for integration with automated test systems, cloud-based data transport and processing nodes, and various operating systems.
The position requires working in small teams using Agile/SCRUM development methodologies, and coordinating with internal as well as external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is comfortable presenting new and innovative ideas to unfamiliar audiences.
Desired Skills: • BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Embedded Linux configuration or development experience
• Familiarity with low-power embedded system design principals
• Development experience on prototyping platforms (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Xplained, …)
• Experience writing drivers or interfaces for hardware peripherals (UART, I2C, RTC, DMA, …)
• Experience reading and/or designing hardware schematics
• Knowledge of reverse engineering, protocol analysis and vulnerability research methods
• Experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Stash, Confluence, …)
• Experience developing software/firmware in a collaborative team environment (Git, SVN, VCS, …)
• Familiarity with Linux and/or Mac operating systems
• Knowledge of Bash scripting language
• Understand basic microprocessor architectures and operating principles
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.