Lockheed Martin Senior Data Analyst in Lakeland, Florida
Description: The Lockheed Martin Enterprise IT Data Analysis Team is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong background in data analytics to join the team, develop actionable metrics to make data-based decisions and analyze trends across Lockheed Martin. This role will have a particular focus on sustainment analytics, whereby the candidate will need to take questions from stakeholders, develop them into research projects, collect and analyze the needed information, and prepare written reports presenting the conclusions and reasoning following from the analysis.
This position will report to the Directorate of Analytics and will need to partner with multiple functions (operations, finance, competitive intelligence, business development, etc.) to apply data analytics tools and techniques to real-world challenges within the corporation. The selected candidate will leverage strong data analysis skills from every step of the analytics pipeline (collection, wrangling, cleaning, analysis, visualization, presentation) in order to achieve success in his/her projects. Tools and technologies which the candidate will use include LM Wisdom, Nuix, Brianspace, Tableau, Python, various search portals and various forms of machine learning. The majority of the analysis performed will be on unstructured text.
Other responsibilities include consulting with analysts on other teams in the corporation to enable them to make use of the tools and technologies used by the Data Analysis Team, training individuals throughout the corporation on those tools and technologies, and report creation for internal customers on data analysis projects. Occasional domestic travel may be required. MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an analytical discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience with parts of the data analytics pipeline, such as data collection, wrangling, cleaning, analysis, visualization, presentation
• Experience with maintenance and sustainment operations
• Experience formulating and executing online research
• Writing reports that follow logical guidelines (e.g., pyramid logic)
• Proven ability to think creatively about data analysis
• Proven potential and/or desire to learn how to code using a scripting language such as Python or R and/or use APIs to access data and data analysis capabilities
• Project leadership experience
• Experience with open-source intelligence projects
• Experience with machine learning
• Experience with consulting
• Team player, enjoys working on a collaborative team
• Detail-oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Experience with analytical tools such as Brainspace, Nuix, or Tableau
• Knowledge of: aerospace and defense market, corporate finance, microeconomic factors associated with manufacturing, weapons systems sustainment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs