Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: Join the Lockheed Martin team in our Air Force Programs team where we are doing cutting edge engineering on missions of national strategic importance. Help us build on our more than 60 year history of supporting of our Air Force customer, while we develop systems for the next 60 years.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of systems engineering principles as it relates to developing and conducting technical studies and analyses using mathematical models for weapon systems, subsystems, assemblies, and components. The successful candidate will also be expected to establish effective communication between the ICBM and Strategic Systems Team and our customers on a regular basis. Relevant studies will include the fields of Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC), survivability and reliability as they relate to the sustainment of current, and the development of, future strategic weapons systems, such as the Minuteman III ICBM system. The successful candidate will utilize traditional systems engineering methodologies related to risk management, requirements management, and reliability analysis. Support will be provided during the entire product life cycle including requirements analysis, the design phase, procurement, and integration and test phases. The successful candidate will develop and present technical reports and documentation. The ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance is required for this position. ** This position requires a government security clearance and only candidates with US Citizenship will be considered. **
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited college/university in Aeronautical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering, Engineering/Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline;
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation abilities.
- Strong mathematics background with emphasis on system modeling.
- Skills in performing technical analyses of systems and components
- Navigation, Guidance, and Controls (NGC) background with an emphasis on analytical evaluation and algorithm development of systems.
- Familiarity with requirements development activities including requirement creation, validation and verification utilizing various test and analytical techniques.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering processes and tools, to include Rhapsody, Cameo System Modeler, SysML or similar.
- Experience using Matlab, Mathcad or similar modeling tools.
- Experience in Project Planning tools and methods.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.