Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineering Asc Mgr in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: Manager of the Mechanical Engineering Design group for the Long Range Standoff Program (LRSO) within the Air Force Programs LOB. Manage mechanical engineers leading all mechanical design and packaging efforts, ensure technical program execution and deliver products consistent with program needs, provide technical oversight and mentoring, and promote standard technical processes and best practices. Perform management duties including scheduling, tasking and reporting status. Perform Leader duties including partnering with Program and Functional
leadership for performance assessments, career development, promotions and compensation, and training and technical development. Oversee the Mechanical Design and Drafting group including coordination with ECAD resources and leadership. Fill role as the Reports to Manager for the
Mechanical Engineers at Valley Forge on the program.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with commensurate years of professional experience.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development team environment
• Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
• Fundamental understanding of aerospace vehicle structures, mechanisms, thermal products, materials and processes
• Experience with aerospace vehicle flight hardware design and analysis, manufacture, test and integration
• Ability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• Proficient with CAD modeling, drafting, and drawing release
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation
• Experience working with procurement and outside suppliers
• Proven excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Schedule/planning experience
*Must have Final Secret Clearance
*This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Considered a technical leader in mechanical design, analysis, integration, or test.
• Previously demonstrated leadership experience of a small group or team. Demonstrated ability for technical mentoring.
• Ability to work closely with engineering functional and program management, and with other Mechanical Design leaders.
• Demonstrated knowledge across all disciplines in Structures and Thermal Products, other engineering directorates, and manufacturing.
• Demonstrated ability to provide personal and technical leadership and guidance.
• Ability and willingness to work functional duties with limited budget, requiring occasional extended hours.
• CAM certification.
• Hands-on hardware fabrication and assembly experience.
• SMD strategic systems experience.
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) experience
• Experience modeling/drafting, geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, CREO modeling, EPDM release
• Familiarity with US Air Force customer, and experience in cruise missiles
Desired final Secret Clearance with an Investigation within 5 years.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.