Goldman Sachs & Co. Platform - Deployment and Runtime - Cloud Storage Engineer in Jersey City, New Jersey
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
As a Cloud Storage Engineer you will be designing and implementing the next generation storage systems for the firm's huge private and public cloud deployments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Understand our business' storage requirements and create appropriate solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Over 2 years of experience with cloud storage systems for object (S3), file, and block.
• Understanding of infrastructure resilience and disaster recovery.
• Familiar with modern infrastructure management methods, including infrastructure as code.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills.
• Desire to learn new technologies.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Software development skills; test driven development.
• Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitTech Infrastructure - Staff