Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Trajectory in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
This Systems Engineer will be responsible for work in all Systems Engineering phases to include requirements definition, allocation, maintenance, and verification/validation. The Systems Engineer will perform trajectory development, shaping, and analysis to satisfy customer requirements. Responsible for development and maintenance of trajectory documentation, and verification planning and execution. Participates in the identification and mitigation/exploitation of program risks and opportunities.
Skills for this Systems Engineer include: Guidance, Navigation & Control, GNC, trajectory, simulation, DOORS, MATLAB, missile, software, hardware, Secret clearance.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
Desired Skills: - Customer interface experience
- Prior support to major design reviews
- Target/missile system engineering
- DOORS, MATLAB, and/or other design or analysis tools
- Secret security clearance
- Experience in trajectory development, shaping, or analysis, and one or more of the following:
1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation
2) trajectory documentation development
3) trajectory simulation construction
4) integration and troubleshooting of Guidance Navigation & Control (GN&C) software and/or hardware testbeds
5) requirements verification/validation
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.