Lockheed Martin Data Solutions Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
LM Space is seeking a Data Solutions Architect who can design full-stack data solutions across the entire data processing pipeline. This special technical leader will help theorize and architect advanced data analytics solutions that leverage and extend existing data feeds to deliver new capabilities to support national security.
This role leverages data science and systems engineering principles to design software architectures that span the data lifecycle including: collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data at scale and at speed. It requires knowledge of local, distributed, and cloud-based technologies; data virtualization and smart caching; and security and authentication mechanisms required to protect the data. Define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data.
• Thought-leadership to help define the vision and roadmap for realizing data analytics solutions
• Define the architecture of autonomous components of LM products or platforms from concept to specifications, recommending and making technical decisions on techniques, and solutions, and how solutions will be integrated and deployed with other systems to meet customer requirements
• Efficiently combine FOSS/COTS tools for data storage, processing, and visualization to allow the warfighter to make decisions quickly and effectively
• Design and build data-centric architectures that leverage common data models to allow for federated access to data
• Work through all stages of a data solution lifecycle, e.g., analyze / profile data, create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, architect and design ETL, reporting and analytics
• Perform data modeling, data architecture mapping, and data governance
• Forward looking to future data management techniques and processes
• Ensures that an organization follows a data standard and that its data assets are in line with the defined data architecture and/or with the goals of the business
• Maintains metadata registry, oversees data management, optimizes databases and/or all data sources
• Design and implement data solutions by defining database physical and virtual structures and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
•• Experienced in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
• Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, and data toolsets
• Knowledge of FOSS/COTS tools for data storage, processing, and visualization and how they can integrate to form an end-to-end system
• Strong problem solving, conceptualization, and communication skills
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Knowledge relating to several of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Java, R, SAS, Pig, Hive, Spark, MATLAB, SQL
• Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) data and systems
• Knowledge of data modeling and data architecture map
• Knowledge of data warehousing solutions
• Knowledge of distributed data systems (Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Spark)
• Knowledge of Extraction Transformation and Load (ETL), spreadsheet and business intelligence tools
• Knowledge of systems development
• Knowledge of performance optimization
• Advanced degrees in Computer Science or related technical field
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.