Aetna Financial Planning Analyst in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 66398BR
This position supports Aetna Pharmacy Managements ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals by applying analytic expertise to address complex business issues. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting contract review, database development, financial reconciliations, case implementation and reporting activities for the Commercial Pharmacy ASC business. In addition, this role will provide analytic support to various pharmacy strategic initiatives and client-level financial management activities.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
• Access and Excel analytics
• Conduct variance analysis and provide input into monthly operating reviews
• Participate in and provide analytic support to various business segment strategic initiatives
• Become adept at using various tools, processes and systems used to support effective reserve analysis
• Produce accurate, timely reporting and analysis of Commercial ASC business results
• Support development of business plans and forecasts related to Aetna Pharmacy Commercial ASC business
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
• Strong financial analysis, reasoning, and analytic skills
• Demonstrated competency working with large data sets in a healthcare setting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Access and Excel; programming experience helpful
• 1-3 years of experience in a similar role within the PBM or healthcare industries
• Knowledge of pharmacy benefits underwriting, contracting, and financial management processes
Additional Job Information:
• Must understand specific needs on financial ad hoc reporting requests
• Leverages various financial systems/technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Job Function: Financial Services
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.
- Aetna Jobs