Lockheed Martin LCS Ship Repair Planner in Hampton, Virginia
Description: The LCS Sustainment Ship Repair Planner will provide marine engineering expertise to investigate, plan and estimate ship repair and modernization issues. They will be required to travel to a ship’s location for planning, or execution, support. This person shall support the In-Service Ship Design function within the Sustainment organization. They are expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Independently develop, and review, design specifications for the maintenance of Mission Systems (including C3I) and Hull, Mechanical, Electrical;
2. Develop independently estimates for the cost of designed maintenance and modernization work packages;
3. Provide input for the update for LCS 1 Class ships technical publications;
4. Validate and document material deficiencies on LCS 1 Class Ships;
5. Travel (15%-30%) and work in a shipyard/shipboard environment.
1. Minimum 10 years of relevant experience planning, estimating, or managing ship repair.
2. Experience developing ship repair work packages based on:
a. Effective knowledge of ship hull, mechanical and electrical systems implementation, and integration.
b. Effective knowledge of ship navigation, communication, and combat systems implementation and integration.
3. Major Ship Repair Facility engineering experience.
4. Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate ship drawings, and communicate implementation approaches and deficiencies.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
1. Management experience in a Major Ship Repair Facility.
2. Underway assignment aboard commercial or military ships.
3. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
4. Navy maintenance process and resources familiarity.
5. Experience with Joint Forces Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and specifically with the development of 4E Work Specifications.
6. Navy ship Hull, Mechanical, Electrical (HM/E), Deck equipment and Combat Systems equipment and systems expertise.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.