Northwell Health Pharmacy Technician - VIVO Mail Order - TEMPORARY in Great Neck, New York
Req Number 001SNS
Job Category Pharmacy
Temporary position to assists in the communication and dispensing of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
- Assists Pharmacist(s) in non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
Fills, packages, labels andstocks medications.
Fills bottles or other packageforms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
Labels containers of drugsaccording to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
Fills medication orders inoutpatient area.
Responsible for extemporaneousmedication packaging, as required.
Responsible to calculate requireddosing and day supply for orders
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
· Responsible for resolution of third party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries.
- Documents customer inquiries, issues, transactions, and other relevant information into computer system.
Maintains records for medicationin outpatient area.
Assists in the maintenance ofstatistics and records for medication orders.
Enters and process orders intothe computer system.
Maintain clean work environment according to OSHA standards.
Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations..
Transports required pharmacymaterial, as necessary.
Receives and maintains records ofstock and inventory control.
Assists in material control bymaintaining records and inventories.
Maintains placement of sufficientdaily inventory of supplies.
- Operates point-of-sale cash system according to department policies while ensuring positive customer experience.
7. Handles correspondence to patients (inbound calls, chats, emails) and makes outbound calls to prescribers and patients, as needed
· Follows policies and procedures and other reference materials to assist in answering various general inquires and issues.
Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program and/or Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), required.
· Minimum of two (2) years related experience as a Pharmacy Technician including retail pharmacy with a computerized system within the last three (3) years, required.
· Ability to learn computerized retail pharmacy system.
· Strong communication skills, required
· Have strong math competency
· Bilingual, preferred.