Lockheed Martin Staff Systems Engineer- Flight Testing- Grand Prairie, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX. We are seeking a Staff Systems I&T Engineer to join our team.
At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Develop test plans, manage test articles, support and lead subsystem design verification activities through system integration and flight tests.
- Develop integration and test processes and perform integration of system components.
- Determine verification methods, develop test documentation, lead pre-test reviews, and coordinate with Customer program offices and test facilities for test planning and execution.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
Visit Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control's The Muse Profile
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or related field.
- Familiar with integration and testing hardware and systems (eg. production, ground or flight testing; V&V (verification and validation) system; data analysis).
- Customer and supplier interface experience.
- Knowledge of system definition, system integration, verification and validation activities, throughout the life cycle of a product.
- Knowledge of converting customer or product requirements into systems solutions, including requirement and interface definition, Cost / Risk assessment and Trade Studies.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
-Experience to plan system level tests, especially flight test, including coordination with range, and performance analysis.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.