Lockheed Martin HVAC Technician/Refrigeration Mechanic in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries.
This is Lockheed Martin’s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, highperformance missile and rocket technology.
This position will perform a variety of duties to install, maintain, repair, and modify all company refrigeration, air conditioning, and related equipment, such as water
- Fountains, refrigerators, purge units, humidifiers, air driers, ice makers, etc.
- Install, maintain, repair, and modify Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) units and Liebert units.
- Install, maintain, repair, and modify cascading systems, including rotary and multiple stage compressor type systems/equipment.
- Utilize refrigeration gauges and recovery/evacuation units and recover refrigerants into cylinders per EPA guidelines.
- Troubleshoot any malfunctioning equipment, diagnose source of trouble, make repairs and restore to operations. - Modify refrigeration equipment as required to achieve precise (+/- 1*) temperature control.
- Order parts and materials as necessary.
- Keep all required EPA and LM records up to date and current.
- Prepare necessary reports. Set up and follow schedules of preventative maintenance. Perform any related incidental but necessary operations in the completion of the above duties.
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment clean and orderly. - Refer any unusual items to your lead man or supervisor.
Equivalent to two (2) years of high school plus two years trade training minimum
Universal Technician Certification (EPA requirement to work on type I, II, & III units).
Ability to obtain US Government issued Secret Security Clearance
Four + (plus) years experience in an associated field or discipline.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs