MAXIMUS Talent Developer in Glenroy, Australia
MAX Employment provides integral solutions through employment, health and training services. With the belief that a job can change a person’s life; we empower job seekers and connect them to support, opportunities and sustainable employment. We work closely with employers and community partners to provide job seekers with a strong foundation for success.
Proven by our recent success MAX Employment continues to grow and increase its services providing assistance to job seekers nationwide. We are ready for a fresh approach in Employment Services and extending the invitation to you as a high performer and high achiever to be excited with our job seekers in creating a better world for all.
The Talent Developer (formerly Group Facilitator) will deliver group activation services to MAX Employment job seekers as part of the Australian Government’s jobactive programme. Talent Developers are highly skilled at building group dynamics. The role will encourage supportive group behaviours and attitudes to influence and motivate job seekers and create an environment for positive peer support that will extend post sessions. Group sessions cover a range of topics to support job seekers in their search for employment. In medium to large MAX sites, two or more group sessions will operate concurrently throughout the day. Sessions will hold up to 15 job seekers.
Talent Developers are also responsible for facilitating the Workplace Success Program for Stream B and Stream C job seekers. This program has been developed under the umbrella of the Targeted Pre-Employment Preparation Program which aims to improve job seekers employability and non-technical skills as preparation for return to sustainable employment. The program comprises of 3 modules for Stream B and 5 modules for Stream C job seekers and is funded by the Employment Fund.
A key component of the Talent Developer position is the delivery of sessions to diverse client groups such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse, mature age, principal carer parent, ex-offender and young job seekers.
• Prepare and deliver the Workplace Success Program to Stream B and Stream C job seekers with the view to gaining employment during the course of the program
• Prepare and deliver all the prescribed sessions and relevant optional sessions for up to 15 job seekers within group sessions
• Follow the requirements outlined on the activity cards for each session to maximise employment outcomes for job seekers
• Provide expert advice on job search practices and conduct job search activities as part of the group sessions
• Provide relevant client case comments in line with minimum contractual requirements
• Conduct administrative activities as required by the site business manager under the jobactive contractual and legislative requirements
• Provide a high quality service to all clients irrespective of age, gender, race, culture, religion, disability or circumstance
• Perform other duties as required by the Business Manager to meet the immediate business needs
• Ability to understand the key elements of good facilitation and is comfortable and articulate in group environment
• Proven communication skills with clarity to articulate ideas and opinions
• Demonstrated ability to manage group behaviours including challenging personalities
• Ability to create positive relationships and build rapport
• High level literacy skills
• Organised with exceptional time management skills
• Proven knowledge regarding local industry and labour markets
• Demonstrated ability working with diverse client groups in group settings
• Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge to job search across different industries and sectors including the use of the internet and social media to connect job seekers with prospective employers
• Demonstrated experience in group facilitation and/or leadership roles desirable
• Demonstrated job search knowledge and experience across various industries and sectors is essential
• At a minimum - intermediate computer skills is required
• An understanding of social media and its different platforms and the application of practical solutions for privacy and profile/branding management
MAX Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At MAX we encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; and people with disability.
Requisition ID: 2018-31897
External Company Name: MAXIMUS
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 771 Pascoe Vale Road