Lockheed Martin Ordnance Mechanic Associate in Georgia
Description: Perform various maintenance, handling, receipt/shipment, and storage tasks associated with Trident II missiles. Conduct mate/demate operations in the vertical missile processing building and the service unit. Ensure strict procedural compliance is adhered to. Become certified and act as an Ordnance Mechanic in the Vertical Missile Packaging Building and during Service Unit Operations. Position involves daily interface with various customer organizations including Navy, Marine Corps, contractors, and civil service personnel. Good communication skills, both orally and written are necessary. Occasional shift work will be required.
Desired Skills: - Proven record of safe work practices.
- Previous experience safely performing detailed work to exacting standards.
- Ability to read and safely follow detailed technical drawings, procedures, and specifications.
- Possess an adequate knowledge of preventative and corrective maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, high level of personal attributes/qualities, motivational fit
A working knowledge of VMPB and Service Unit operations is a plus.
- FBM program experience and knowledge of Lockheed Martin-SWFLANT business operations is a plus.
- Physical requirements include: frequent prolonged standing, ability to climb vertical ladders, manual lifting of up to 45 pounds, and ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
- Must be continuously qualified for Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) certification and be motivated towards work in the Limited Area.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated mechanical abilities should be considerable and readily apparent through the description of prior job experience.
- Must be willing to work around missile body sections, ordnance, and radiation producing devices and work swing and graveyard shifts as required to support operational commitments.
- Minimum of a High School education.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.