Lockheed Martin Operations Engineer Sr in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Position is required as part of the Production Operations Manufacturing Strategy Production Transition & Integration Team. In this role employee will support the definition, coordination and implementation of consistent production start-up and transition strategy across all platforms, facilitating offsite production risk, health and readiness assessment. Position specifically supports team actions responsible for developing, maintaining and deploying tools, processes and integrated roadmap for domestic and international production start-up, work transfers, restarts, shutdowns and readiness assessments. This position is expected to support team initiatives for rapid action production start-up, task transition, production assessment engagement and AS6500 production process compliance in support of all phases of production. Role can interface with Programs, Contracts, Business Ventures and all functional competencies ensuring support of initial planning, capability assessments and production concept development. Tasks to include support of all phases of production stand-up, supporting program reviews, risk and opportunity management processes with standardized and executable review templates, checklists and processes as well as development and application of production operation best practices and lessons learned. Employee will work with peers, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective program implementation for the coordination of all LM responsible supplies and services to ensure appropriate and timely production stand-up in accordance with the contracted statement of work and/or Business Venture objectives.
Role responsibilities will include working with various production sites to ensure understanding of requirements, development of comprehensive plans and execution de-risking inclusive of support in staffing, processes and tools required to achieve overall readiness engagement. Activities will include developing grassroots inputs, determination of critical dependencies / enablers, while accounting for all production stand-up element requirements, with processes for validation of all performance elements. Activities will focus on developing and maintaining common processes, procedures, tools and compliance as we capture, plan and execute the build of aircraft and aircraft components worldwide, focused on providing synergy across programs. Problem/Issue root cause analysis, investigation, and path forward resolution development will be a key role of this position. Support of new business activities will include support of task statement of work development, technical assistance support manpower evaluations, production build targets, and estimate support. Overall efforts will include coordination with various Lockheed departments, in-country personnel and possibly suppliers relating to program execution issues and information flow. Position may require both domestic and international travel.
• Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Understanding of production operations processes
• Understanding of Quality Assurance and Supply Chain Management processes and the manner with which they integrate with Production processes.
• Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes, specifications, and inspection criteria.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and planning processes, systems and interfaces. Experience with tool control and engineering processes.
• Technical aptitude of airframe structure/systems and component and assembly process.
• Familiarity with ITAR regulations.
• Analytical skills to establish, maintain and interpret key metrics.
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
• Experience in preparing and providing management briefings.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Basic knowledge of Macros, Visual Basic and a desire to learn more on these and other development tools is preferred.
• Production start-up experience is highly desirable, including ability to understand production program requirements and support transition from design to production.
• Basic knowledge of the Systems Engineering development cycle and the ability to dissect processes for Value Stream Mapping to help in finding potential risk in production stand-up and transition operations.
• Program Management Skills
• Understanding of Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP)
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and manufacturing/process specifications, and apply their intent.
• Root Cause Corrective Action along with Green or Black Belt experience.
• Knowledge or experience of production planning and offsite production survey assessments.
• Familiarity with Program Reviews, Risk and Opportunity Management processes.
• Familiarity with operations integration, specifically having the ability to take different processes or systems and find efficient ways to link them together to standardize workflow across functions, as well as understanding the interdependencies between them to ensure that projects are stood up on time and at cost.
• Strong oral, written and teaming skills – must interface with all levels of management, technical and floor personnel in a multi-organizational environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.