Lockheed Martin Operational Concept Senior Analyst / Air Superiority Pilot in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: --Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program--
This position is with our Advanced Development Program (ADP), known as the historic Skunk Works, in Ft Worth, Texas. We are looking for world-class talent for this position to join the 70 year tradition of creating advanced aircraft. Two primary areas of responsibilities: supporting analysis of current and future LM Aeronautics combat platforms as an Operational Concepts Subject Matter Expert (SME) and acting as one of the following: F-35 simulation “Instructor Pilot”, pilot expertise during an ADP Human-In-the-Loop (HITL) event, or event lead for business development and contractual events.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Operational Analysis requires an individual to provide operational concept (OpCon), concept of operations (CONOPS), and concept of employment (CONEMP) development for future air-to-air and air-to-surface warfare to include but not limited to Expeditionary Operations; Forcible Entry; Amphibious and Air Assault; Strike; Close Air Support; Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance; and Electronic Warfare across the electromagnetic spectrum, including suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses.
This individual shall be considered by his/her peers a subject matter expert in USAF Air Superiority fighter tactics and employment doctrine over a range of military operations. This individual shall have a working understanding of current and planned technologies for USAF aviation systems, to include communication networks, command and control systems, weapons, and sensors.
Near-term tasking includes acting as the Operations Analysis liaison into several Air Superiority mission effectiveness assessments and creation of new tactical employment concepts for new platforms and technologies in a net-enabled, system-of-systems environment. This activity includes development of appropriate OpCon, CONOPS, CONEMP documents; development of presentation materials; and leading internal and external meetings associated with the development, presentation and delivery of materials to Lockheed Martin, DoD, and international customers.
This individual will also be involved in additional OpCon, CONOPS, and CONEMP development activities relevant to LM product lines across the corporation. Requiring them to drive advanced and innovative operational concepts to support ADP virtual and constructive operational analysis in a system of systems environment. The individual selected will interface internally across the LM Aero Operational Analysis teams including Experimentation, Implementation, and Modeling & Simulation, as well as other Lockheed Martin Aeronautics programs. Externally, the individual will interface across other Lockheed Martin Business Areas, as well as DoD and international customers.
The individual shall have: a TOP SECRET security clearance to start; meet the minimum related experience with an extensive operational military aviation background in multi-role fighter aircraft in joint and coalition operations; the ability to comfortably interface with civilian government, DoD and industry leaders; and a solid understanding of basic systems engineering processes and principles. The individual should also have experience in airborne networking and operational-level command and control concepts. A fighter weapons school graduate with recent combat experience and futuristic visionary thinking is highly desired.
Travel on occasion (approximately 6 - 12 times a year).
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have an Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain higher level clearances as needed.***
- Bachelors or higher level degree from an accredited college in a related discipline; Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Aerospace, with appropriate years of professional experience.
- Experience in Air Superiority combat military aviation (i.e., Instructor Pilot on one of the following platforms: F-15C, F-22, F-35).
- Experience with of basic systems engineering processes and principles
- Experience in airborne networking and operational-level command and control concepts
Must have Top Secret Clearance
- Extensive operational military aviation background in Air Superiority fighter aircraft in joint and coalition operations
- Higher level Military education and training (e.g. Intermediate Developmental Education (IDE), Senior Developmental Education (SDE), or School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS))
- Fighter weapons school graduate with recent combat experience
- Futuristic visionary thinking is highly desired
- F-22, F-35 and ADP Program Clearances/SAP Capability knowledge
- Experience working in a Virtual Simulation environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to interface with senior civilian government, DoD and industry leaders.
- Demonstrated ability as an independent, proactive leader who works well within a team, with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with team members, internal & external customers, and senior leadership.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.