Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer Sr in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: F-35 Manufacturing Engineering Sr for Producibility Initiatives for Component Final Finishes (CFF) and Landside Final Finishes (LFF) Team. Responsible for developing viable projects, coordinating the cost-benefit-analysis, creating documentation to meet Producibility process requirements, obtaining approval and funding, leading project execution, and supporting implementation. Will manage and maintain a business rhythm and tempo to track project(s) through completion. Will work closely with Production, Design Engineering, and Signature Integration on improvement projects. Some overtime required as a general standard in this position. May need to work second or third shift infrequently to interface with Production.
- Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelors degree from accredited college in Manufacturing Engineering; Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering Technology (MMET); Mechanical Engineering Technology; Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/ combined education.
-Project Management skills and experience.
- Knowledge of F-35 Low Observable Finishes Engineering Designs, Process Specifications, Manufacturing Processes, Tooling, and Inspection methods.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze engineering designs for detail parts, assemblies, and coatings.
- Should have working knowledge of tooling, assembly, and installation processes along with an understanding of manufacturing planning/work instructions.
- Knowledge and understanding of F-35 Low Observable Finishes.
- Experience managing complex projects including developing and maintaining a complex project schedule.
- Lean Principles knowledge and experience applying Lean Principles to Manufacturing Processes.
- 5th Gen Fighter aircraft Manufacturing Engineering and Tooling experience.
- Experience leading the successful implementation of Cost Reduction Initiatives.
- Possess significant Manufacturing Engineering experience, including experience with producibility reviews and Manufacturing Plan Development.
- Knowledge of F-35 Structural Assembly, Tooling, and Engineering Designs.
- Good Business Acumen: Cost, Quality, & Schedule execution.
- Experience using F-35 Engineering and Production Applications and Systems (CATIA V4/V5, PDM, VAS, SAP, CAPPS, SFM, QADs).
- Must have strong communication skills for verbal and written presentation of project proposals and status.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.