CVS Health Lead Pharmacy Technician - Front End Operations in Fort Worth, Texas
Job Summary: The Front End Lead position is responsible for providing customer service by triaging requests according to priority and researching medication order issues and facilitating their resolution and timely order entry of all community orders. Oversees the Triage and OE Department in the absence of the FE Manager and communicates any performance or procedural issues to the FE Manager.
• Triage customer service requests by department, urgency, and information/response required.
• Research questions, issues, and incidents for Supervisor.
• Collect, prioritize, and sort faxes.
• Review orders for completeness and fax back orders to nursing homes that need more information.
• Initiate non-discretionary calls to facilities.
• Ensure timely and accurate entry of all orders
• Coordinate/manage “STAT” order process
o Check e-kit stock list if applicable
o Fax back to senior living community
o Prepare backup pharmacy orders
• Assist in staffing for last minute schedule changes.
• Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback.
• Responsible for communicating any & all issues to the Senior Living Front End Manager.
• Train new hires.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Management Responsibilities: (if applicable)
• Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
• Maintain appropriate staffing of the order entry and Customer Service/Triage areas and coordinate with all pharmacy staff to ensure that all daily time requirements are met or exceeded.
• Prepare order entry and Customer Service/Triage technician work schedules.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-3 years experience, preferably in an long term care setting
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
• Good interpersonal skills
• Mathematical skills
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
• Previous experience as a pharmacy technician and/or medical records/data entry technician in long term care
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/