Lockheed Martin Human Performance Engineer Staff (Level 4) in Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
As a Human Performance Engineer, primarily responsible for F-35, F-16 and F-22 Pilot-Vehicle Interface (PVI) as a subject matter expert on the Capability Delivery Teams to define and clarify customer requirements throughout the Systems Engineering Product Life Cycle.
• Engages in frequent interaction with the customer (Air Combat Command, Flight Test, etc.) to clarify operational requirements and customer intent with respect to F-35 modernization, weapon integration, and sustainment efforts.
• Presents PVI design concepts (in the form of figures, drawings, or simulations) to the customer for evaluation.
• Conveys customer intent and operational impact to system architects and designers to inform system level design.
• Collaborates with software developers, the customer, and program management to design pilot-vehicle interface, obtain design decisions, and reconcile customer intent against feasibility, cost, and complexity of various design modifications.
• Provides technical and operational advice and design direction for cockpit controls and mechanizations for new systems/capabilities.
• Promotes consistent user interface and ensures alignment with customer intent.
• Provides operational subject matter expertise to support technical baseline management, technical reviews, system demonstrations, and Human Systems Integration.
• Supports defect resolution to aid in identification, investigation, prioritization, and documentation of corrective actions.
• Documents cockpit design descriptions and reviews flight manuals for accuracy.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
* Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
• Pilot or Weapons Systems Operator (WSO) with a minimum of 500 hours in fighter aircraft (F-16, F-22, or F-35)
• Deployed within the last 5 years
• Operational fighter jet experience
Solid speaking and writing skills are a must due to frequent and sustained communication with a myriad of contractors and governmental organizations at multiple levels.
Leadership/SME experience preferred
Instructor Pilot or Instructor WSO
Mix of air-to-air and air-to-ground experience
Familiarity with OT, DT, or weapons evaluations
Experience/education in Human Systems Integration
Recent operational flight experience preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs