CVS Health Pharmacist in Charge - Long Term Care in Folsom, California
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation.
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you searching for a fast paced and multifaceted environment where you can show your passion for helping others? If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, apply to our Consultant Pharmacist role at Omnicare today! We can't wait to meet you!
The Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) plays a vital role on the leadership team within the Omnicare Pharmacy and will report directly to the General Manager. The PIC will work to develop and implement strategies to ensure & improve operational excellence and compliance as well as provide outstanding customer service within the assigned pharmacy.
• Provide supervision for the dispensing pharmacy
• Monitor industry, regulatory and compliance industry, regulatory and compliance developments (e.g., state Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, etc.) for pending regulatory changes and partner with Division Compliance Officer and pharmacy management to address them
• Communicate and educate staff on pharmacy-related issues such as regulatory changes/compliance, FDA drug recalls, drug information, sample medications, and investigational studies
• Implement quality assurance programs for pharmacy services crafted to supervise and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursue opportunities to improve patient care, and resolve identified problems.
• Implement policies and procedures for the procurement, storage, security and disposition of drugs and devices.
• Maintain record of all required pharmacist licensure & technician registrations for current staff, as required by state law.
• Respond to the board regarding any warning notice issued by the Board.
• Implement policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures.
• Ensure pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal accrediting rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
• Serve as a primary source of information and responds to internal and external customer questions or clarification of information.
• May perform various duties associated with narcotic room compliance to include: reporting of periodic pharmacy self-surveys for controlled substances prescription accuracy, respond to and resolve regulatory surveyor’s inquires related to compliance issues, contact physician to receive hard copy of prescription and perform drug recall surveillance and reporting
In this role, you will be an integral leader of the team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful PIC demonstrates both excellent leadership & customer service skills. The contributions you will make will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program , 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
This pharmacy is a 24/7 facility. The PIC will be scheduled 8 am - 5 pm M-F and would be required to cover shifts for call offs/sick time, etc.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of California, must be active & in good standing;
Prior management experience in a PIC or Pharmacy for a minimum of 2 years.
Long Term Care pharmacy experience
Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country’s health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- CVS Health Jobs