CVS Health Application Developer in Florham Park, New Jersey
We are looking for a Java Developer responsible for Core Java and API development with relational database integration. Your primary focus will be to develop functionality and features in a specialty pharmacy system, with a focus on performance, reliability, and maintainability. You will work in a fast paced environment for a growing business. You will work in a team with Architects, Technical leads, back-end and front-end developers supporting all phases of the pharmacy business. A thorough understanding of all of the components of application development and infrastructure is required.
• Work with architects to come up with solutions to complex business requirements
• Be a hands on programmer with the ability to work independently
• Write unit tests and functional integration tests
• Able to pitch in and help on production issues, including root cause analysis
• Work with development and support teams to come up with DevOps pipeline integrating automated testing and continuous delivery
• Familiarity with scrum/agile/waterfall sdlc
• Code, Test and document Java APIs. Participate in design and code reviews.
•3+ years of Core Java/J2EE Programming and API Development.
•2+ Experience with relational databases and DB programming skills (Oracle / PL/SQL
•1+ years of practical experience with Spring frameworks and Spring Boot.
•2+ years of Web Services building experience (REST / SOAP)
•2+ years of experience with JPA/Hibernate
•2+ years in Agile software development environment
• Basic AIX/ Unix experience.
• Java 7/8 OCA or OCP is preferred.
• Experience with agile software management (Rally / JIRA / RTC/GIT)
• Experience with WebSphere Application Server
• Experience with Monolithic decomposition and Microservices
• Web development experience: HTML5 + CSS3
• SSL and JSON Web tokens knowledge is preferred
• Clear communication skills with the passion to document their work so others can recreate their solutions
• UI development experience (Angular 2+)
• Consul Service Discovery and Configuration.
• Feature branching or continuous integration practices
• Experience working with JAVA API interactions with Oracle RDMS is preferred.
• Experience in health care or pharmacy related industries is preferred.
• Familiarity with RDBMS SQL Developer tools
Verifiable Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/