MAXIMUS Outreach Specialist (Statewide Travel Required) in Columbus, Ohio
• Develops relationships with community leaders and serves as a liaison with various constituents
• Identifies, develops, and implements strategic outreach opportunities
• Conducts outreach presentations to recipients and community members
• Presents program education and enrollment options to recipients
• Maintains positive relationships with county staff, state agencies, community groups and recipients
• Conducts outreach including phone calls, home visits and community presentations in the field
• Establishes and maintains knowledge of community and participates in community events, other activities as needed
• Reports outcomes on a ongoing basis
• Educates clients via phone and email to support initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned
*Must have experience developing professional relationships with a broad range of individuals such as; elected officials, medical professionals, state and county child support professionals, etc.
*Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work independently and balance multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities.
*Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required
High School Diploma with 0-2 years of experience.
May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines.
Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Requisition ID: 2018-36246
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 2400 Corporate Exchange Drive